We are in the process of migrating the Spacial Wiki content to our new Help Center at spacial.com.
Please visit the Help Center for latest Tips and Tricks, Documentation and Troubleshooting.
The voice-tracking feature is to allow you to record audio from a Microphone / Line-In (or any mixer input) into SAM Broadcaster and play it back at a later time.
Configuring The Voice-Tracking
Before starting to use the Voice-tracking feature, you will need to Config the settings of the Voice-tracking module.
- Sound capture device: This is the input sound card that you want to record from.
- Preview audio device: This is the output sound card that will play the audio for you.
Defaults (these can be manually changed per instance in the main window):
- Play X times and then Y: Play a track a number of times then either 'remove', 'erase' or keep the file ('none').
- Track type: The category of the song, ie : Interview, Promo, Jingle, etc.
- Save files to directory: Choose a directory to save items recorded in the Voice-tracking window.
Voice-tracking Main Buttons
Record: Clicking on Record will allow you to record a new voice-track or continue where it last left off on the file. The slider will allow you to slide where you wish to record over.
- Note: The maximum amount for a voice track is currently 5 minutes.
- New VoiceTrack: Choosing this clear the current voice-track from the control and start a fresh one, ready to record on.
- Delete Before current position: When using the slider, you can make a point to where you wish to delete to.
- Delete After current position: When using the slider, you can make a point to where you wish to delete from.
- Clear: This will clear the current voice-track.
- Delete: This will delete the voice-track and the external file associated with it.
Play: Clicking on Play will play from the position of the slider.
- Quick queue: This will save the voice-track to a generic filename and place it in the queue.
- Store & Queue: This will allow you to give a personalized filename for the voice-track and place it in the queue.
- Store only: This will allow you to give a personalized filename for the voice-track.
Description: Entering a Description will give the file a title so SAM can search for the file when created.
Note: The current incarnation of Voice-tracking is basic and only records what is being sent to it, then when placed into the queue it is treated like any other song in the queue.