We are in the process of migrating the Spacial Wiki content to our new Help Center at spacial.com.
Please visit the Help Center for latest Tips and Tricks, Documentation and Troubleshooting.
StreamAds Gateway Upload Form
Gateway advertisements are those delivered right at the moment when a listener tunes into the stream, and can be video or audio advertisements (with synchronized banners & text if the player supports this).
Gateway advertisements usually garner a much higher CPM rate, especially video gateway advertisements. They are however in limited supply as they are only displayed once per listener session.
In order to upload a new gateway advertisement, complete all the fields on the form.
General advertisement options
- Enter a description for the advertisement that will allow you to easily identify this particular advertisement.
- Date start
- The date on which the advertisement will start rotating.
- Note: This date should be the same or later than the campaign starting date.
- Date end
- The date on which the advertisement will stop rotating.
- Note: This date should be the same or earlier than the campaign end date.
- Separation category
- This item is very important for in-stream advertisements as it provides a way to avoid having two advertisers in the same industry play back-to-back on the station, which is generally considered a bad practice. Thus pick the best describing category for the advertiser's industry.
- The advertisement status. Should always be Active.
- Sets the relative priority of advertisements within the campaign. If you wish for some advertisements to have a better likelyhood for being selected for rotation, set them at a higher priority than the other advertisements.
- In most cases though, leave this at the default which is Medium rotation. The only exception to this is when scheduling filler content, in which case this item should be set to Backup only. See Scheduling Filler content for more details.
- Spread evenly over the entire date range
- When checked, StreamAds will do its best to deliver this advertisement's impressions smoothly over the entire date range. If this is not checked, it could happen that the entire campaign is delivered within the first few hours of the campaign!
- Note: In order for this to work, you should provide the following:
- - Start and End date for the advertisement
- - Maximum impressions, either for all stations combined or alternatively on a Per Station level.
Costs & Limits
- CPM is the cost per 1000 impressions charged to advertisers.
- If you do not charge by CPM, leave this field empty or put in a zero.
- 3000 impressions at $5.00 per CPM is a total cost of $15 to the advertiser.
- CPS stands for Cost-per-Spot play, and should be ignored for gateway advertisements.
- Set limits per station
- Check this box if you are scheduling the campaign over multiple stations and need to be very specific on how to split up the impressions and Spots over all of the stations. Directly after completing this form you will be taken to the Per Station limits screen where you can edit this information. See Setting Per Station limits for more details.
- Note: Selecting this will hide the Max impressions and Max Spots below as they are only relevant to setting the limits for all stations combined.
- Max impressions
- The maximum number of impressions to deliver before stopping this advertisement from being delivered.
- The impressions are spread accross ALL of the targeted stations based on their available inventory.
- Max Spots
- Should be ignored for Gateway advertisements
Block types allows stations to automatically filter some unwanted content from being delivered on their stations.
A Christian station for example could set it's block types to Adult content and Alcohol/Tobacco in order to prevent any of those advertisement categorie being delivered on that station.
As a responsible StreamAds Agent you should always specify if your content contains any of the specified block types. For example, if the banner you are uploading contains extreme flashing animations - make sure to check the Extreme animation block type to ensure this is automatically filtered out from any station that opted not to receive that particular category of content.
Audio advertisement details
- Will always be gateway.
- Use this to indicate if the content is Paid or Unpaid. This is crucial for correctly generating reports that help you sell your inventory. The only way StreamAds can know how much unsold inventory you have scheduled is by knowing which content is unpaid.
- Also see Scheduling Filler content
- Upload new file
- Click on the Browse button and navigate to the location of the gateway media file on your harddisk. Select the media file and click Open. You should see the edit field containing the full path and filename of the media file.
- Synchronized content:
- StreamAds supports the capability to display banners and text advertisements on the player the moment the gateway commercial plays. (Only on compatible web players. Contact your StreamAds reseller or SpacialAudio for more details). This can help improve the response your advertiser gets from their campaign.
- Linked synchronized content
- - From the dropdown menus you can select the banners & text information to be displayed along with gateway advertisemens.
- - The banners and text must already been created and uploaded, and fall under the same campaign.
- - Only Information style text advertisements will be displayed as options for syncronized text.
- Custom synchronized content
- - Non-standard StreamAds compatible web players may require their own custom tagging in order to support synchronized content. Talk to your player provider on the details of implementing synchronization support. Custom tagging of synchronize events can be done using this option and completing the SyncInfo field.
Once you completed all the fields, click on the Submit button to upload the gateway advertisement.
- StreamAds currently supports the following gateway formats: WMV (Windows Media Video) and WMA (Windows Media Audio).
- When editing a gateway advertisement, at the bottom of the page a preview of the existing gateway file and some details about the gateway file will be displayed.